This comes a little late for the holidays (sorry!), but here’s a good book to know about in case you have a party coming up (or just feel like mixing a fun drink to enjoy with your husband or a friend)! Haute Mama published the following two recipes from a new book called “Preggatinis: Mixology for the Mom-To-Be,” by Natalie Bovis-Nelsen (the Liquid Muse).
Here are two sample drinks to try out…
Chanukah Bubbly Bubbala
Celebrate the Festival of Lights while sipping Bubbly Bubbala and impress your Mommy-to-be guests with a perfectly palette pleasing combination to tantalize those taste sensitive tongues.
• Champagne flute
• Sparkling concord grape juice
• ½ ounce lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
• 1 lemon wheel
• Pour sugar and lemon juice into a champagne flute. Fill with sparkling concord grape juice.
Garnish with lemon wheel.
Christmas Spice of the Season Mulled Wine
Simmering spiced wine on the stove makes the whole house smell like Christmas. With this alcohol-removed version, you don’t have to miss out on that special sense-memory.
• Wine goblet, or other heat resistant glass
• 1 bottle Fre® merlot alcohol-removed wine
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 2 cinnamon sticks (If desired, buy additional cinnamon sticks and garnish each cup with one).
• 3 whole cloves
• ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• Pour wine into a double boiler pot, over medium heat. Add other ingredients, and stir until honey has dissolved. Reduce heat, cover and gently simmer, stirring occasionally. Serve…
…serve what? Serve warm? Not sure, it was cut off 🙂 But in any case, if you are expecting a little one but don’t want to miss out on any of the fun, this is a good book for you!
If you decide to try out any of the recipes, let us know how they turned out! Happy celebrating!